Best Places to Shop in Charleston
Charleston is full of historic sites, local charm, natural wonders, and great people, but it’s also one of the leading shopping destinations in the area. And no matter what you want to buy, there is a local option filled with unique offerings. Learn about some popular boutiques, shops, and commercial districts below, and plan on finding at least a few things you didn’t even know you wanted.
- Taylor Books – This local landmark is one of the largest independent bookstores in the region and a popular spot for literature lovers from throughout West Virginia. Taylor Books has a huge inventory that spans authors/subjects as well as a cafe, art gallery, and event space. Stop in for a unique cultural experience, whether you’re exploring the city or out on a date night!
- Stray Dog Antiques – You can find a little bit of everything at Stray Dog Antiques, from century-old furnishings to unique crafts and curios. There is also an ever-changing selection of vintage clothing for you to explore. If you love the style of the past or the charm of DIY creations, this shopping destination is a must.
- Eggplant Shop – For more than 25 years, people have been visiting Eggplant Shop to find gifts that are unavailable anywhere else. Expect to find everything from bath products to home décor items and crafts that honor the spirit of Charleston, WV. The shop also offers a number of gifts and services tailored to weddings and baby showers.
- Capitol Market – There is a little bit of everything at Capitol Market. This sprawling indoor/outdoor facility is home to a farmer’s market, craft booths, event and entertainment spaces, and several dining options. Even if you don’t buy anything, it is an exciting experience to dive into the hustle and bustle of this one-of-a-kind destination.
- Charleston Town Center – Local shops and boutiques are great, but sometimes you need the convenience and selection of a mall. Charleston Town Center is home to dozens of national retail outlets as well as a number of places to eat. If the weather isn’t great and you want to spend the afternoon indoors, this is a great option.
Find Everything You Want and More in Charleston, WV
After you visit the city’s leading shopping destinations, think about adventuring out on a road trip near Charleston. There is a destination to suit every kind of traveler, as well as lots of kid-friendly options – there are even plenty of Charleston, WV bed and breakfasts to stay at! When you need more ideas for things to do, contact the local experts at Jaguar Charleston. Our dealership is a proud member of the local business community, and we would be happy to offer you some insider information.