Basic Vehicle Maintenance Tips
Wheeling drivers know that taking care of their new Jaguar is important. While some people may think basic vehicle maintenance can be put off, it’s important to know what to look for and when to take care of it. Apart from general vehicle care, like tire pressure levels, there are more in-depth services and reasons to be keep your car healthy even in a basic sense. Let’s take a look at these, courtesy of the service department at Jaguar Charleston!
Reasons to Follow Your Maintenance Schedule
- Safety: Keeping up with basic maintenance on your vehicle means there is less chance of something going wrong and potentially causing an accident
- Warranty: Neglecting your vehicle’s maintenance schedule can result in warranty invalidation, which in turn can make for costly repairs in the future
- Avoid Future Costs: Bringing your vehicle in for routine service can lead to technicians discovering an issue before it becomes severe, thus saving you money and repairing the issue before it evolves
- Maintaining Reliability: The last thing you want is a blown out engine on the roads of Beckley. Routine maintenance can help keep your vehicle reliable and less likely of breaking down
What Type of Maintenance is Necessary?
It’s easy to sometimes forget what types of basic service your vehicle needs. Whether your drive frequently around the neighborhood, or make long drives for work, you should keep the following maintenance needs in mind:
- Tire Tread/Pressure
- Engine Oil
- Transmission Fluid
- Cabin and Engine Air Filters
- Brake and Power Steering Fluid
- Belts and Hoses
While these may not all be things you can do yourself, they are important to the overall health and lifespan of your vehicle. Our certified technicians can help you with these, no matter if your car is new or used. You should also keep in mind things like part replacement and caring for the interior of your vehicle, like the upholstery. For more integral maintenance tasks, remember to get these done roughly every 3-6,000 miles:
- Oil Change
- Tire Rotation
- Terminal Cleaning and Battery Check
- Replacement of Wiper Blades
- Chassis Lubrication
Let Jaguar Charleston Take Care of All Your Service Needs!
With an expert staff of technicians, and a rotating selection of service specials, we’re here to help you with any service you could possibly need. If you have any questions stop by our dealership today, or schedule an appointment by contacting us online! And if you get stranded far from Charleston, contact roadside assistance for complimentary service while your vehicle is under warranty.
More From Jaguar Charleston
How much can the Jaguar F-PACE tow? With a maximum towing capacity of 5,290 pounds, you can bring a boat, camper, or trailer with you and take more along on Parkersburg roads. Explore the 2019 Jaguar F-PACE towing capacity and features at Jaguar Charleston, then contact your local authorized Jaguar retailer for a test drive to experience all…
The 2019 Jaguar F-PACE color options are both stylish and varied. Choose your favorite materials and color combinations for your luxurious Jaguar F-PACE interior, and turn heads on Parkersburg and Wheeling roads with a choice of twelve exterior paint colors. Learn more about the 2019 F-PACE colors available at Jaguar Charleston, then contact us to see the…
The 2020 Jaguar F-TYPE is now available to Parkersburg drivers, with more four Jaguar F-TYPE trim levels to choose from and a coupe and convertible configuration for each trim. Explore this sports car in more detail at Jaguar Charleston to find out which trim is right for you! View Inventory Contact Us F-TYPE (Coupe – $61,600…